The 2021 SATH Conference was our second held digitally, and like the 2020 Conference aimed to bring together a mix of longer presentations with short ‘bites’; academics and classroom practitioners; History and pedagogy.
Our overarching aim was to consider the voices we shed light on in our classrooms, perhaps considering more diversity, perhaps considering the historians and storytellers through whose lens the history has been interpreted, perhaps considering our own role in shaping the lesson.
We hope very much that we’ve succeeded, at least in part. Feedback has been tremendously positive, and we continue to enjoy hearing about how the Conference has shaped peoples ideas and practices.
Those who contributed to the conference very kindly donated their time and expertise, and have also generously agreed to share their resources and presentations. Thank you all so much.
Patricia Keppie and Sehar Sardar from CWGC – Diverse Commemoration of Commonwealth War Dead
- Learning Resources: Cemetery Guides and War Research | CWGC
- How to Research guides: First World War (cwgc.org)
Dan Warner-Meanwell on Story Source Scholarship
Diana Paton – The Experiences of Enslaved Women in the Caribbean
Mark McLay – Podcasting the Past
- University of Glasgow – Schools – School of Humanities | Sgoil nan Daonnachdan – Research in the School of Humanities – History Research – History in Schools – Podcasting the Past
Richard McFann – Introducing Historical Interpretations at BGE
- Practical Histories
- History lessons for schools – 2016 GCSE resources (historyresourcecupboard.co.uk)
Laura McCormick – Introducing Classics
Gordon Barclay & Louise Heren – The Real Battle of George Square
- Google News Archive Search
- Dr Gordon J Barclay and Dr Louise Heren on the Battle for George Square 1919: myth, memory and reality in Red Clydeside – Society for the Study of Labour History (sslh.org.uk)
London Correspondence. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7c9AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GaYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1389%2C2657890
Letter from Lord Provost. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7s9AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GaYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=4319%2C2754653
London Correspondence. https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7s9AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GaYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=1484%2C2762489
Resolutions of Protest https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=7s9AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GaYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=3533%2C2775962
Charges of incitement: https://news.google.com/newspapers?id=789AAAAAIBAJ&sjid=GaYMAAAAIBAJ&pg=6289%2C2869881
Danielle Herd – Five Useful Strategies
Bruce Robertson – Power Up Your Pedagogy