Thank you everyone for making the SATH Conference 2016 a great success – speakers, exhibitors and attendees! Thank you also Glasgow High School for hosting us.
There are, wonderfully, lots of downloads for both those of us that were there, and those that weren’t!
10.20 – 11.20 Key Note Speaker
Tom Haward, UCL, Teaching the Holocaust in Secondary School
11.40 – 12.30 Course content workshops
This session will deal with key areas of content and historiography.
Please indicate on the form which workshop you wish to attend. Please also identify a second preference in case your first option is unavailable.
• Germany: from Democracy to Dictatorship, 1918-39
Professor Peter Jackson Glasgow University
• Russia: from Tsarism to Stalinism, 1914-45
Dr Patricia Barton University of Strathclyde
• Scotland: Independence and Kingship, 1249-1334
Professor Dauvit Broun Glasgow University
• Scotland and the Great War
Professor Richard Finlay Strathclyde University
• Scotland and the Slave Trade
Professor Simon Newman Glasgow University
13.30 – 14.05 SATH AGM & Assessment updates
Chris Mackay, SATH President
Denise Dunlop – National 5, Higher and Advanced Higher Assessment Update 2016/17
14.05 – 14.15 The Cold War – A teaching resource
14.15 – 15.15 Pedagogy workshops
Please indicate on the form which workshop you wish to attend.
• Tom Haward – Centre for Holocaust Education – Being Human
• Ian Phillips – Edge Hill University – Historical Interpretations
• Annie Davis – English National Archives
Please do engage in the new survey in from Stirling University and SATH committee member Dr Joseph Smith: http://www.sath.org.uk/2016/11/scottish-history-teachers-survey.html
If you have any questions you can always email MainSath@gmail.com or find us on twitter @SATHInfo